How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5211
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will request to go to judge instead of magistrate, have to

Customer Question

Will request to go to judge instead of magistrate , have to be served on my ex ? He leaves the country to avoid service , and has been served to see magistrate .. if I move to have judge hear , may not b able to serve him
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

That is a very good question. The answer to your question is yes, anything that you serve with the Court's is going to have to be served on your ex regardless of whether it goes to a judge or a magistrate. It is not uncommon for parties to leave the state or even leave the country if they're going to be served with paperwork. However, you may have some help. If you go to, Then you may be able to Hire somebody in the county where he's living and having experienced process server serve him the documents.