Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Will request to go to judge instead of magistrate, have to

Customer Question

Will request to go to judge instead of magistrate , have to be served on my ex ? He leaves the country to avoid service , and has been served to see magistrate .. if I move to have judge hear , may not b able to serve him
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

That is a very good question. The answer to your question is yes, anything that you serve with the Court's is going to have to be served on your ex regardless of whether it goes to a judge or a magistrate. It is not uncommon for parties to leave the state or even leave the country if they're going to be served with paperwork. However, you may have some help. If you go to www.thumbtack.com, Then you may be able to Hire somebody in the county where he's living and having experienced process server serve him the documents.