Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am due to be served and my soon to be ex husband chose…

Customer Question
I am due to...

I am due to be served and my soon to be ex husband chose uncontested divorce but I want to contest it

Lawyer's Assistant: Do both sides consent to the divorce? Are there minor children in the relationship?

The child is not his biological child

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. I think he married me on faulty grounds

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/31/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. You have ever right to contest this and do not have to agree and sign anything which you do not feel is in your best interest. When you are served, you can read the complaint and respond to the allegations and contest this. Just because he seeks to make this uncontested, does not mean you have to agree and can demand what you want from him and out of the marriage.

How do I contest it?

What do you want to contest? What is he asking for?

Ely, Counselor at Law