Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I just filed the paperwork for divorce in Texas online on…

Customer Question
I just filed the...

I just filed the paperwork for divorce in Texas online on mydivorcepapers.com and I have a couple questions about the divorce process

Lawyer's Assistant: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?

Yes me and my ex have a 6 year old, a 3 year old and a 10 month old, I am the custodial parent of all three and already receive child support for them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just needed to know if I needed to have a lawyer, me and him agreed on divorce and we own nothing together so we have nothing to spilt or argue over and the custody is already done with the children

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Was one of the forms you filled out a stipulated judgment/decree of divorce? Did you file the paperwork jointly with your ex or is he required to file a response to what you submitted?