Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can the mother sign over custody of the child to the

Customer Question
Can the mother sign...

Can the mother sign over custody of the child to the grandparent?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Is there a way for the mother of child to sign over custody of her schild to grandparent?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No...but there is a case against the mother(my granddaughter) in regards ***** ***** baby who was born a month early with a heart condition..cps stepped in because of thc found in the baby...she was taken from the hospital by cps..today in court the judge said if theys don't get all the classes going they will put a warrant out for her 2 year of...she is signing up for classes but is concerned about lani(the 2 year old

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is it...at first when cps ;g;ot involed they said there was opiates found,which the paperwork from the hospital showed there wasn't...but was thc only...that sopened thee door to cps...also they have a visitation day in another town,chich is 40 miles away....80 round trip.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Where is the child staying currently?

she iw staying with her mother...and spends a couple of days a week with granparents

Is the CPS investigation still ongoing or has it been resolved? Also, what state is this in?