Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What would be the cause of certified mail from cps when

Customer Question
What would be the...

What would be the cause of certified mail from cps when there has never been a case against me

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there an active child welfare investigation? What are the accusations?

Not to my knowledge. An old friend threatened it a couple months back but I've never spoke to or heard from cps since then

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Nevada

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/31/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Per the policy manual, a CPS certified letter can indicate that an investigation has been closed; whenever a report is made the department will conduct a preliminary investigation to see if the report was substantiated and will release those results to the parent:

A standardized procedure for notifying adults of the outcome of child maltreatment investigations and in the case of a substantiated child maltreatment outcome, the Appeal Process. 1202.5.2 Investigation Outcome and Notification: Upon completion of an investigation, the caseworker will submit the investigation findings and notification letter to their supervisor for approval. Once the investigation findings are approved, the supervisor will sign and send out the notification letter, within 5 business days of findings. 1. If the investigation results in a lack of credible evidence to substantiate child maltreatment the caseworker will complete the “Investigation Results and Notice to Unsubstantiate” letter in UNITY and send via regular US Parcel Post to the person responsible for the child’s welfare named in the report. 2. If credible evidence exists to support an allegation of substantiated child maltreatment the caseworker will complete the ‘Investigation Results and Notice to Substantiate/Right to Appeal” letter which includes information on the Appeal Process. Send via certified US Parcel Post, with return receipt requested. Letter must inform the person responsible for the child’s welfare that they only have 15 business days to request an appeal of the substantiated finding. 3. If an allegation is substantiated and the person submits an appeal within 15 business days from receipt of the notice of the right to appeal letter the person’s name will not be entered in the Central Registry until the appeal process is completed and the substantiation is upheld. 4. If an allegation is substantiated and the person does not submit an appeal within 15 business days from receipt of the notice of the right t

http://dcfs.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dcfsnvgov/content/Policies/CW/1202_DCFSRuralRegionAppealPolicy.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.