How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My great grandchildren are in care. four girls. ages about

Customer Question

my great grandchildren are in foster care. four girls. ages about 16, 14. 12, and 10. their mother lives in tacoma, washington. she say, the children are in maple valley, washington. how may I get visitation rights to see them? I live in pasco. washington. their mother lost parental rights.
JA: Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: not from me. i don't know how.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the girls are together in the same foster home. I like to contact by phone to get acquainted with the foster parent. to write, send pictures, etc.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The initial act would be to contact the case worker with child protective services and try to arrange visitation and request that you be allowed to take custody of the children. Most courts want the children to be with family if at all possible. Of course, they'll have to do home studies, inspections, etc. before the court would approve the transfer.

Also, the court may require you to become an approved foster parent.....which can take a few months.

But, in order to get things moving, you need to reach out to the case worker and let him/her know that you are willing to take the children in.