Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife and I would like to get a divorce. We are able to…

Customer Question
My wife and I would...
My wife and I would like to get a divorce. We are able to agree on everything and split everything the moral the way. We have no kids and the only joint loan we have is a home improvement loan for a pool at (My) Florida home which she is trusting I will pay and not mess up her credit. I bought that house before we were married and she is willing to not fight for it. She bought a house while we were married in North Carolina when she moved there for a job promotion. Only her name is ***** ***** NC home and only my name is ***** ***** Florida home and we haven't added one another to the deeds either. We want to get a divorce. She keeps her house and I keep my house. We are wanting to do a divorce that doesn't require court appearance. Is this possible and what do you suggest?
http://www.polkcountyclerk.net… this is the county in which we got married. On the right side of the screen lists what kind of divorce to get. Which one should we select? Do we just print out the paper work and sign on all the spots and turn it into the clerk and if so this is the cheapest way correct? We would like to have no court appearance as well.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 11 months ago
Rachael Fuller

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who specializes in real estate and family law. The information that will be provided is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

Family Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 11 months ago

Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Family Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 11 months ago

Do you currently live in Florida?