Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband and I sperated 4 years ago. He is from El Savador…

Customer Question
My name is***** husband...

My name is***** husband and I sperated 4 years ago. He is from El Savador he left and I do not know where he is. I want to divorce him

Lawyer's Assistant: Do both sides consent to the divorce? Are there minor children in the relationship?

How can I do this since I do not know his where he is

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I purchased a home and when I refinanced he signed his name on refinance documents without my kowledge

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/30/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.

I am sorry to hear of your trouble, but I think I have information you will find useful.

You do not need his consent to divorce him and you can file for dissolution based upon abandonment.

Not knowing where he is makes it a bit more complicated, but not impossible.

If he can not be found then he can be served by publication and the decree of dissolution obtained.

It is not required you have an attorney for this but, as I said, it is a bit more complicated. So, it is strongly recommended you retain an attorney.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

MARTINDALE HUBBLE

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer