Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Know it's late, I have a question re: child custody, My

Customer Question
Know it's late, I...

Know it's late, I have a question re: child custody

Lawyer's Assistant: Who has legal custody? Is there a child custody order in place?

My daughter, Just started and her attorney is on vacation. My husband and I grandparents met the dad today so he could have our grandaughter for the day. it was pre-arranged between parties. My daughter has a restraining order for harrassment against her x. We met as agreed this morning and again tonight. The problem is he broke the agreement and had another person drive him and our daughter back to the meeting location.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

MN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter is trying to cooperate with the dad. She used to take her daughter to his place because he doesn't have a license or insured car, so the arrangement was grandparents, (my husband and I would meet) the Dad so he could have visitation with granddaughter.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/30/2017
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 8 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Ely, Counselor at Law