Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can you tell me if a Notary from another state can marry my…

Customer Question
Hi! Can you...

Hi! Can you tell me if a Notary from another state can marry my fiancé and I. She is my dear friend and it would be so special. She is from a Florida. Joe and I are in WI.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are there any minor children in the relationship?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

A notary may perform a marriage in Florida. So, the friend can officiate the marriage in Florida (not WI, though).

There is no residency requirement to marry in FL. So, it does not matter if you are from WI and want to marry in FL.

Did you have further questions? I am happy to continue if you do.

Otherwise, have I answered your question?

Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer