Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

DOES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECOGNIZE A COMMON LAW MARRIAGE…

Customer Question
DOES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...

DOES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECOGNIZE A COMMON LAW MARRIAGE CONTRACT FOR SURVIVOR BENEFIT PLAN PURPOSES?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

FLORIDA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.

When was the common law marriage established? In which state?

Are you online with me?