Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If a temporary modification is put in place, how does it…

Customer Question
If a temporary modification...

If a temporary modification is put in place, how long does it stay in effect?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

IN a non-contested divorce I was granted full physical custody of my 2 children. my employer relocated me 90 miles. I allowed children to stay with dad until school year end. His lawyer filed a temporary modification making him primary custodian with the stipulation we would come to a permanent agreement sept. 8th

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have to go to Washington for 5 months for training with my employer. My 15 year old daughter failed her freshman year and has gotten arrested while in her fathers care.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
If I don't do anything until I return from my buisness trip, will that hurt my odds of getting my full physical custody back? I have been denied visitation a lot!! who can I file a complaint with?
I do not have money for a lawyer. My last question is, can I appeal/write to the courts about my concerns of my daughters lack of guidance and the possibility of my children joining me in Orem and staying with my family while I am gone? or possibly allowing one more school year with there father with the pre-determined stipulation that I get them the next 2 years?
7/29/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. It would stay in effect until the Judge can decide and a final ruling can be made. It is not uncommon for there to be a temporary modification while divorce proceedings are pending, to address the needs and interest of the children at that time but at the end of it, if things can not be agreed upon, the Judge will ac/decide and then it will be final.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law