How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a temporary modification is put in place, how does it

Customer Question

if a temporary modification is put in place, how long does it stay in effect?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Utah
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: IN a non-contested divorce I was granted full physical custody of my 2 children. my employer relocated me 90 miles. I allowed children to stay with dad until school year end. His lawyer filed a temporary modification making him primary custodian with the stipulation we would come to a permanent agreement sept. 8th
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have to go to Washington for 5 months for training with my employer. My 15 year old daughter failed her freshman year and has gotten arrested while in her fathers care.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I don't do anything until I return from my buisness trip, will that hurt my odds of getting my full physical custody back? I have been denied visitation a lot!! who can I file a complaint with?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not have money for a lawyer. My last question is, can I appeal/write to the courts about my concerns of my daughters lack of guidance and the possibility of my children joining me in Orem and staying with my family while I am gone? or possibly allowing one more school year with there father with the pre-determined stipulation that I get them the next 2 years?
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. It would stay in effect until the Judge can decide and a final ruling can be made. It is not uncommon for there to be a temporary modification while divorce proceedings are pending, to address the needs and interest of the children at that time but at the end of it, if things can not be agreed upon, the Judge will ac/decide and then it will be final.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!