Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My mother and father are divorced and my father has other…

Customer Question
My mother and father...

My mother and father are divorced and my father has other older children and was put on child support. His name is ***** ***** house my mother is living in but halfof the house is my grandmother's trailer house and the other half my dad bought and I'm guessing when they put both trailer houses together it got put in his name. Well my father never paid his child support so hisother ex wife has a lie on the house my mother is living in

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the property purchased during the marriage? Were any marital funds used for the mortgage or property improvements?

The porperty that the house is on was my grandmothers and when she died my mother got it so it was passed down

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

While my father was fixing up the houses and putting them together my mother was the one putting the money into the house and that she when they where divorced. Also after their divorce my father would live in and out of the house with my mother anyway. I don't know if this counts for anything but when my father divorced his first wife she stated she didn't want any of his things. And when my father divorced my mother he stated she could keep everything for my brother and i

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
7/28/2017
Family Lawyer: originallawyer, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney

Hello! Please stand by as I work on your answer!

This sounds like quite the predicament. Is there a specific question I can answer for you?