How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to register my case in florida to terminate my

Customer Question

I need to register my case in florida to terminate my parental rights, and as a back up file to modify child support. Do I do that in the county the enforcement act was established against me which would be collier county, or the county the minor child currently resides??
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the case originated in missouri. I was active duty military. The case in missouri is closed. I currently reside in texas. Registered it here. saw the judge yesterday and she dismissed my petitions based souly on the fact that the minor resides in florida so now i need to provide a judge in florida with all my evidence to terminate or at the very least modify the child support. Mind you there is no open case in missouri which I have proof of
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was ordered to pay in missouri, my ex filed for state assistance and an enforcement act was established against me even though I was current on child support, so the enforcement act should have never been established. The order that was in missouri is now closed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have entire payment histories from both missouri and florida with a credit to florida of $6,550.00 I have proof. I am trying to terminate my rights due to alienation. Co-parents hasn't allowed visitation in 7 years. Co-parents has never followed parenting plan. Co-parent has broken every single agreed upon perimeter set forth in parenting plan.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Termination of parental rights does not terminate the duty to pay child support, as you may or may not know. However, if you are seeking to terminate your paternal rights you need to have the affidavit of voluntary termination of paternity filed in FL where the child resides. So, if you want to terminate your parental rights, you file that in FL in the family court in the county were the child is a resident.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.