Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If a Cps case has been 'ruled out' do I have to agree and

Customer Question
complete FBS?...
If a Cps case has been 'ruled out' do I have to agree and complete FBS?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/28/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

So are you saying that abuse/neglect was unfounded and they want you to do a laundry list f things?Are they keeping the case open here?

This is from their handbook..

After a family has been investigated, a FBSS Caseworker helps them make changes to protect their children from abuse and neglect, and keep them safe at home. This involves providing services offered by the agency, the family's community, and their extended families, including:

• Recommending appropriate actions needed to resolve stressful family situations that lead to child abuse or neglect.
  • Helping families identify their own strengths and needs to achieve safety for their children while preserving the family.
  • Building community relationships with law enforcement agents, therapists, court personnel, and representatives from various agencies and organizations.
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer