Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

In the state of PA., if you do not respond to a "Decree of

Customer Question

In the state of PA., if you do not respond to a "Decree of Divorce," can the divorce be granted to the plantiff?
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: No minor children. Son is now 28.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

According to one of my more trusted sources, "In Pennsylvania, a default divorce can be obtained when one spouse does not sign the divorce forms and ignores all requests for documentation. A spouse can also seek a default divorce when the other party fails to make court appearances. The lack of compliance is a sign to the court that there are no requests or demands to be heard from the other spouse. If you are able to obtain a default divorce, it is likely the entire process will work in your favor.: So, the answer to your question is yes, a divorce can be granted.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have been separated since about 1990, or so. We own absolutely nothing together (he has his home and I have mine) I raised our 28 year old son (he resides with me, mostly) by myself. This is a royal pain, and there is nothing that I want from him. Is it in my best interest to respond with legal council, or just ignore any letters I receive from his attorney?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not wish to speak to anyone, just wanted a response. Thankyou for your time.

Good question. one moment....

okay, thanks for the additional information. What does the attorney want from you in the letters?