RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I have a child custody case coming up in August 15, the

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I have a child custody case coming up in August 15, the father of my kids sent me interrogatries via his lawyer and I don't have a lawyer, he lied in his counter claim and I want to how, how can I respond to his counter claim and how do I send him interrogatries?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland, Prince George's county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed for child support and won, he filed for custody and failed, I then filed for child custody and our hearing has been scheduled. he sent me interrogatries and lied in so many ways about me. And I want to oppose his counter claim
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, we were both married in Nigeria from 2011 to oct 3,2015 when he left for USA on a tourist visa. Got here and got married for his green card and never returned back to Nigeria and I didn't kn he was married and he got a fraudulent divorce letter from Nigeria claiming we are divorced and it's all a lie.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You don't necessarily have to respond to the counter claim since you have petition on file.You would amend your petition for custody if you want to address his counter claim.This would be your means to refute by amending your pleading for custody.Once you file it send a copy to him or his lawyer.Once that is done the court looks to the amended pleading to see what you are presenting here.You title it First Amended...

The court will hear your amended pleading and allow you to testify and present your case for getting custody from the court.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.