Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I have a debatable open case in greeley colorado where i

Customer Question

i have a debatable open case in greeley colorado where i have been accused and treated like a social diviate including having my children Melodee( age 7) and Sabastian(age 4 and devel. disabled) removed from their home. I have been a single mother to Melodee with nothing but compliments as to how i have raised her including her wit as she is at a 5th grade reading level as a second grade student. Her father is deceased and passed away two weeks before i discovered i was pregnant. Sabastians so called father has hit himself witrh hammers in front of both of my kids, broke walls fences by punchling them, cheated on me with 5, yes five wemon at the same time, leading to the unfortunate discovery that he sexually violated my daughter and many other children in his past relationships. CPS has documented all of these sittuations as well as child advovates in the area. On top of my daughter validating the case to a therapist in open discussion. Before cps got involved with their investigation with me and so called child endangerment, Jason, sabastiuans dad , hadnt complied to his visitation in over a year and a half. My question is how the heck am I the trending bad parent with all his accusations from former relationship/child mollestation accusations including but not limited to his own god given daughter, including teaching his other son manuvers of beastiality. why does cps allow him to have access to my children and why the heck am i concidered so incohabitalble with sittuations beyond my control. i am not saying im compleatly innocent, I did let depression get the better partr of me. BUT I WOULD NEVER TOUCH MY CHILD OR ANY OTHER CHILD IN ANYWAY LESS THAN A KISS OR HUG. WHY IS THIS ALLOWED THRU CPS AS "BEST INTEREST OF MY CHILDREN" WHEN ONE CONFIRMED VICTIM IS A) NOT EVEN HIS BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER AND B) THE ONE WHO CAUSED HIS SON TO HAVE A DISORDER BY DROPPING HIM FROM A STANDING POSITION AT 7 DAYS OLD WITHOUT TAKING HIM TO THE DOCTOR
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: COLORADO
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: IM SO ANGRY AND FRIGHTENED FOR MY CHILDREN I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START HOW DO YOU TAKE ACTION OVER CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES FOR NOT "CHILD PROTECTING?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I NEED THIS CASE RESOLVED I DESERVE MY CHILDREN I ASK ANY ONE ELSE AND WITH THE DOCUMENTATION I HAVE THAT THEY HAVE READ,NOT ONE SOUL UNDERSTANDS WHY HE ISNT LOCKED UP SOMEWHERE
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney who is admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. My mother and my younger sister were caught up in a CPS issue many years ago so I understand your situation. One of the things that I try to explain to people when they are going through this process is to do their best to try to stay calm and stay focused on the future. Also, it's important to remember that CPS is only there to try to find out what the facts are and not to make anybody out to be the bad guy usually. Practically speaking, my recommendation would be to try to do your best to try to create a timeline of events that you believe help your case that you can refer to it anytime, you should also do your best to get affidavits (sworn statements) from people that you trust in who could prove to be a credible witness if they ever had to give a statement, and you should do your best to try to be patient, CPS is always under a lot of scrutiny for what they do and the risks of them making a huge mistake is sometimes irreversible that the child is harmed. Finally, one of the other things that you can try to do is remember that you have the facts on your side. When you have the facts on your side, you can see your way through just about anything. The CPS officers will be able to see that the facts support you more than a support in an alleged complaint. The investigation process is the hardest part of dealing with CPS, but it is also one that is temporary.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?