How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neice has joint custody of her 3 children and she want's

Customer Question

my neice has joint custody of her 3 children and she want's to move to North Carolina , but the children right now will be with thier father's . She will be talking with them ovewr the phone everyday and have video chat's with them, can she be charged with abandonment if she is not physically with her children every 6 week's
JA: Is there a child custody order? Are there any conditions regarding traveling or moving out of state?
Customer: she has joint custody and there is no condition's that she cannot move out of state
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I am just trying to find out if she is not able to come home every 6 week's to them because of starting a new job can she be charged with abandonment this computer is not letting me go to the continue
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. As state laws vary, can you tell me what state the children are in?