Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband of 27 yrs .bought me this huge home in NM...as he

Customer Question

My husband of 27 yrs .bought me this huge home in NM...as he was still in the Navy he went back to San Diego to retire..he took up with a woman then & his having an affair...he never came back ..instead his girlfriend is posting an engagement ring on Instagram. He never asked 4 a divorce ..we are not legally separated either...it's a nightmare..he pays the mortgage as he protect his credit ...please help me..it's a nightmare..I have to sell this house by my self here in NM..then go back to California to file 4 a divorce...I am seeing the woman here in NM before I leave as u can sue 4 alienation of affection here in my home state..thank you..I need help.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Married in NM...lived in California 20 yrs while he in Navy..he's back in San Diego after abandoning me
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No ...waiting to sell house..getting a lawyer after I sell a Mercedes we have. She's posting an engagement ring on social media..it's a nightmare
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it...he never asked 4 a divorce..everything has been shady on his part
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.what can I answer for you?