How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband of 27 yrs .bought me this huge home in he

Customer Question

My husband of 27 yrs .bought me this huge home in he was still in the Navy he went back to San Diego to retire..he took up with a woman then & his having an affair...he never came back ..instead his girlfriend is posting an engagement ring on Instagram. He never asked 4 a divorce ..we are not legally separated's a nightmare..he pays the mortgage as he protect his credit ...please help's a nightmare..I have to sell this house by my self here in NM..then go back to California to file 4 a divorce...I am seeing the woman here in NM before I leave as u can sue 4 alienation of affection here in my home state..thank you..I need help.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Married in NM...lived in California 20 yrs while he in Navy..he's back in San Diego after abandoning me
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No ...waiting to sell house..getting a lawyer after I sell a Mercedes we have. She's posting an engagement ring on social's a nightmare
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it...he never asked 4 a divorce..everything has been shady on his part
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.what can I answer for you?