LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

What papers and how to I file to stop my child's father from

Customer Question

What papers and how to I file to stop my child's father from taking him out of state. I live in Pa. Father lives in Maryland and wants to move to Virginia. I also father has full legal and physical custody. I want to also apply for half legal custody. At the time of the agreements, I was not in a position to keep my child with me. He lived with his parents. He now has moved out of his parents and my son is having too much chaos in his life.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I work full time. He has not had a full time job in 4 years.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I work for Sherwin Williams Paint Warehouse near Lebanon, pa. I'm not familiar with MD attorneys and need to find one I can afford
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will need to file a Motion for Modification of Custody with the court Maryland where the child presently lives and assert that a significant change in circumstances exists and that you want a change in the custody terms for your child.

You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug