Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I was married in May 1970 in Ensenada Baja California Mexico

Customer Question
and need to get a...
I was married in May 1970 in Ensenada Baja California Mexico and need to get a copy of my marriage certificate. Can you help and how much would that cost? My name is***** and was married to Cornelius Sless in Ensenada. Let me know and thank you,
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Family Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Are there any minor children in the relationship?
Customer: No minor children but I am eligible for social security and need a copy of the marriage certificate to claim my ex-husband's benefit amount.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all I need. I have a copy of the Divorce Final Judgment but it does not reference the marriage certificate. Let me know if you can access and I will gladly pay the fee. thank you,
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/26/2017
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

You can find copies of marriage certificates from Mexico, Baja California and Baja California Sur, Civil Registration for 1860-2004 HERE. However, these are not "certified" records.

For certified records, you need to contact Gobeirno Del Estado for Baja California - HERE. It is easier to use someone who speaks Spanish or a Mexican attorney to request certified copies online - there is no English version of the site.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law