Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I would like to know how I go about getting my name taken

Customer Question

I would like to know how I go about getting my name taken off the mortgage that my ex husband lives in.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nh
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have my divorce decree and it states that he would TRY to assume the mortgage I have been out of the house for 5years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to know what my best route is...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Was there anything in the divorce order that states he had to refinance in his name or it would be sold?

.

Are you still on the deed?

.

.

thanks