How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need advice on my last will and estate planning. I'm

Customer Question

i need advice on my last will and estate planning. I'm married and have a daughter from previous marriage who is 38 years old now .
JA: What are the assets in question?
Customer: My house I want to live it to my daughter and my husband agrees with my desi.cion as long as he can stay in the house as long as he lives. He doesn't have children from his first marriage. Is it possible?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Connecticut
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Please stand by as I work on your answer!

Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 months ago.

Yes, that is called giving your husband a "life interest" in the home. Meaning he can live there for as long as he wants, but when he passes on or leaves voluntarily, the home becomes your daughter's. Very common. I suggest hiring an attorney to draft your will so that the language is clear and correct.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks That is it for today
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome!