RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Is it itraue in divorce laws N.J. that attorney bills have

Customer Question

Is it itraue in divorce laws N.J. that attorney bills have to be split between the husband and wife.
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: two kids ages 15 and 13..think my daugter will get custody of the kids. only the beginning...I was told that law in NJ they husband and wife have to split the attorneys fees...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If he can't even support his wife now, can he still pay alimony?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Daughter here can ask the judge to order the other party to pay half her legal fees.Judge has final say on that issue its not automatic but very possible.NJ is a very favorable state to award alimony tot he spouse.So it is very possible the court awards it to her, she can file contempt if he doesn't pay.A good lawyer here can seek these things for her, it is very possible to get alimony and lawyer fees from him.NJ overall is very friendly on these issues she has legal rights in all of this.Child support is possible until age 22.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.