How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27762
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm currently in a mess situation. my boyfriend got arrested

Customer Question

hi I'm currently in a mess situation. my boyfriend got arrested on an aggravated battery on a pregnant women. (that would be me) its been 5 months sense he's been in cook county jail and his lawyers suck. they told me his bond was 20K so i came up with 10k and my boyfriends parents came up with the other 10k . when we went to the jail they said we need 40k sense he was being charged with two cases. what should i do?
JA: Have charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?
Customer: no criminal record. and charges have been filed
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: IL
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats fine i can fill him in on anything else he might need to kno
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

"What should I do?" is a very vague question which will get you a very general answer you probably could have figured out for yourself. So please tell me what it is specifically that you wish to know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is there a way to get the bond lowered again? we got it lowered once is there a way to do it again?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

His lawyer can always make an argument for a reduction of bond. So contact them, explain the situation and ask them to try.

The judge generally needs to see a change in circumstances for the better with regard to the defendant's case before lowering bail. Also, keep in mind that whenever a defense attorney makes a motion to lower bail, the prosecutor will be allowed to argue why bail should be INCREASED. So make your feelings known to the defense lawyers but trust them as to the best time to bring up the issue with the judge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay thanks
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

You're very welcome.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 3, 4, or (hopefully) 5 stars on the rating scale, as that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.