Van
Van, Retired Judge
Experience:  Criminal Court Judge
99502111

I am in Louisiana and I was asked to provide insurance

Customer Question

I am in Louisiana and I was asked to provide insurance through the state child support enforcement. But I am on my wife's insurance and when I added my child in question to that insurance I was told the court would not recognize it unless it was with my job. Is there a law that supports their statement?
JA: How old is the child? Is there an agreement for payment of child support?
Customer: My son is 12 almost 13. Yes there is an agreement which includes an extra 130 for insurance. I make 2500 per month and pay 642 including fees but my order is 553
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to get a decrease I just had another child a year ago and the judges said after my child was born she would take a decrease into consideration.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Van replied 2 months ago.

Hi, you should apply for the decrease in your child insurance payment. In addition, if the court's judgment only requires that you provide health insurance then putting your child on your new wife's insurance is sufficient and your child support payment should be reduced to reflect the health insurance payment. I hope this answers your question. Good luck in court.

Expert:  Van replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up to see if you were satisfied with my response. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. If you would like to speak on the telephone about this matter feel free to accept my offer for a premium service. If you were satisfied with my response, please rate my service. Have a great day.