Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Can an ex who's been divorced for 30 years go after the

Customer Question

Can an ex who's been divorced for 30 years go after the pension of her retired spouse even after he paid the amount determined by the courts at the time of the divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is no, if the person is already been paid the amount determined by the courts pursuant to a divorce decree, then they are not entitled to anything extra. You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter and attach a copy of the divorce decree so that way she can see that she has no case.. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?