Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I am filing a petition for uncontested divorce but I just

Customer Question

I am filing a petition for uncontested divorce but I just found out that I can't file a no children petition because she had a child from a different dad while we were still married, so what form should I use and where do I get it?
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: Her and I do not have any biological or adopted children
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My ex-wife and I are both in agreement and I am trying to do this pro se
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I found a great resource where you can find the form that you need if you have a child that was born during your marriage. If you click here, you can not only find the form, but also the checklist that you would need to make sure that you don't miss a step

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?