Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Second opinion] is this really a lawyer? not a bot (sorry

Customer Question
just making sure) this has...
Second opinion] is this really a lawyer? not a bot (sorry just making sure) this has to do with my 3 yr old sons safety im in the state of maine
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes filed serve in process should be served today or tmrw by sheriffs now--my son has been alienated from me for 30 days without grounds cause or reason abuse and neglect is evident i have raised him all 3 years of his life 5 days a week, myself she now is holding him but i am being told to go get him now in the morning transition and file charges and file a PFA after no PFA is on me i have NOTHING against me
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And just to clarify, have charges been officially filed?
Customer: maine
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: charges no not yet i filed for parental rights & responsabilities she will be served within the next day or two, i paid them to serve her last thursday and i called yesterday and they had not filed yet
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: i mean serve sorry serve im in district court i have a docket number
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/25/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can try o pick up the child here and see if mother will release him.Otherwise you need to file paternity/custody suit if you are not married to mother to establish your visitation and custody rights through the court.You do have such rights and the court will award them to you.Hopefully they get the mother served here quickly so that a hearing on all this can occur.I know it is frustrating for you but this will happen soon and they will get her served and hearing held.It sounds like you have done all you can at this point and you should keep checking on service here.

I appreciate the chance to help you, let me know if you have follow up.Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars when we are done.

is this right?
maybe you will be much more kind than the last hot head)
this is the first sheet of the motion for my parental rights as she has been harboring my child for 30 days (NOT due to any previous issues nor abuse) and to setup future rights and agreed terms that we have done nooo problem for 3 years. BUT i need to know if i can just go pick up my son without them calling the police and pushing something on me

Legally here you need court orders to have law enforcement get you the child, if she lets you have the child voluntarily here take the child for a visit.But otherwise you need to go to court here to get fixed visitation and possible custody as well.You have served her now you need to schedule a hearing on it.Contact the court and schedule the matter for hearinig as the next legal step.Once you have orders here they are in contempt if they deny you visitation.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.The best to you in court.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer