Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If I have a visitation schedule with a temp parenting plan,

son is special needs and...
If I have a visitation schedule with a temp parenting plan, son is special needs and he has special services he attends , the father is not taking our child to these special services only the girlfriend is.....why can't I take my son over the girlfriend to these appointment? How do I go about getting myself the other care giver besides the girlfriend. He has soul decision making but does that give him the right to have another woman do all of these services for my son? How do I go about getting this looked at?
7/25/2017
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, welcome to the site. I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your question and do some research for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

You can file a motion asking for an order that specifically allows you to pick up and drop off your son for his special services when his father cannot do it. If there is a way to document how often the father's girlfriend does that now, that would be good information to support your motion.

Does that answer your question sufficiently?

Sue

the therapy notes say for each session who was at the Therapy with Osten. That is what I wanted know. Also same motion or different one that I should be providing care for our son after school not girlfriend or 75 year old mother of FATHER that uses a walker.The girlfriend has taken over my roll and they believe I have no say. That I am restricted to my visitation schedule . That's why they moved therapy times in the first place to keep me out of my sons life. I have had 4 attorneys non of them put this together about myself being next for my sons care. What motion is it ? What would the order / motion look like.I am the one you helped about GAL. That has not happened the one we got appointed backed down. Plus my lawyer was going to make me pay for IT all first. So now I have no lawyer , no trial date yet. One month of 7 days on 7 days off split.summer schedule. School starts Then it goes back to every Monday 6 to 7pm & Thursdays say 10:30am to 6pm.is my residential time . Plus every other weekend 6pm Friday to 6pm Sunday. I want all I can get with my son. Thank you

Okay. Thanks for the additional information.

The motion would address both issues - the transport and substitute care.

Some jurisdictions have motion forms available on their court websites and some have self-help services. If you'd care to send me your city & county, I can see if your jurisdiction has either. Are you in Washington State or Washington, D.C.?

Sue

Washington State and I am now representing myself
Yakima County
I have contempt charges as well and I want to make his lawyer come in as much as possible, I am not a spiteful person but the nightmare of what they have done and the abuse I see with our son is beyond ok a nymore

Here is a Yakima County website with some helpful information, e.g., after initial filing in a divorce case, motions should be filed at least 5 days before a hearing. At this site you can find self-help materials in booklet form you can purchase: "Booklets containing forms and instructions are assembled by the Yakima County Court Facilitator. Please consult with the Facilitator to determine the correct booklet to purchase for your situation."

And here is the site for the Court Facilitator.

Here is the Yakima County court website with a list of forms. The one you can use is Form 181, "Motion for Order for _______."

Please let me know if I can help you with anything further, okay? We can continue this discussion for several days/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.

Sue

Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney
Hello yes i would like to continue our chat and I will get on this motion first off and will I be able to show you what I have created and get feed back?

Yes, I'd be happy to look at your motion and give some feedback.

Take care,

Sue

Sue , so my situation is this, this custody case has taken almost 10 years 1st half do to my mistakes (drug addiction) and 2nd half from the fathers resentful spiteful resistance to myself getting back into our sons life. I am a great Mom and love my son and he loves me needs me and wants me ...he is 14 special needs The fathers one comment once to me was "you are brainwashing Osten to like you better then he does me".. I am like serious .. First off we do not know the scope for sure what our son's intellect is but his fathers is questionable.In 2014 I got adequate caused granted and then a temp parenting plan (which the father refused to sign) 4 months later the judge gave me Joint Decision making (which meant absolutly nothing ..because every thing I wanted to do for our son (Dan) said no to me) His resentment has blinded him to the neglect he puts our son into. My son cannot speak for himself. So 2016 I keep thinking one of these days he will give up this crazy fight and do the right thing 50/50. Dan has the save a child girlfriend that has bought into all the crap she hears about me. Then guess what I do IOh you know what I told you this already. So If you need me to I will write this in a new question form , What is my first motion to put in front of the courts? I do not think they will be so kind to the fact I am representing myself now. I will tell you that any new proceedings I file will be hear by the only judge that has ruled in my favor , and he was about to reward me with 50/50 when that to cover sheet was fond out to be a forgery.So I have the issue of the girlfriend taking my son constantly to all therapies and appointments if Dan cannot make it which is a lot of time. I have contempt charges again on them not giving me notice of appointments once again when I was not present they go the provider to write crap down about me... this has been going on for 6 years now. I have the clause in the parenting plan about " each parent shall encourage the parent/ child relationship of the other parent" that has never been done. The other contempt is phone call provisions which I have been denied over and over again ...saying he can not speak they do not agree to the parenting plan. He cannot speak my God then the phone call is even more important . See the father does not have to worry about calling our son .. Osten does not miss him and Osten only resisted to go back to his fathers.I am sorry I have forgotten where I was at. I have a truancy issue bad and I am thinking of filing the Office of Civil Rights discrimination complaint against the Selah School district where my son goes to school and is allowed to come in when he want to . Dan just says what he wants and they take it. This has gone on for 4 years ...one year over half the school year missed. So what action or agency should I target there.. Isn't school truancy a custody (pri***** *****ger issue? )

Hi. I apologize for the long delay getting back to you.

Your ordeal sounds so difficult. Good for you for your persistence!

You have written about some of these things before. Your question about the school issue is a new subject, so as you said, it may be best for you to put that into a new JA question.

All right?

Best wishes,

Sue

Sue
It is taking a long time for this other lawyer to get back to me on my contempt motion, can I send it to you for your opinion of the pleading and its content? I paid $50 to other attorney here on justanswer I am willing to do that also. this is so important I win or start the ball rolling in my direction I need many inputs . I have a nasty lawyer I am up against
Kava

Hello, again, Kava,

If you would like to, you can send your contempt motion via a new question, since it is substantially different from our prior discussion. It will help me help you better if you can let me know what sort of feedback would be most beneficial to you.

Re: payment, JustAnswer handles all of that.

Best wishes,

Sue

Sue
Good day,
this question was pertaining to asking for a motion allowing myself the ability to pickup and drop off my son for special services when the father is not available. I am working on that now you said you would take a look at it . would you still do that for me
THANK YOU

Hello, Kava,

Good to hear from you again. The JustAnswer administrators let me know that after a question times out, as your 7/24/17 question has, you can send your contempt motion via a new question. You can ask the question go to Sue.

If you decide to do that, it will help me help you better if you let me know what sort of feedback would be most beneficial.

Best wishes,

Sue

I posted another question pertaining to this nightmare of a case. I need to somehsomehow get my residential time of one week on / off to continue..or get awarded the provider to all therapies not the girlfriend. The surgery issue ? I can't ask more questions my membership won't be active for another month
Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney