How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding child support back support father is out of work

Customer Question

regarding child support back support father is out of work has loans already from getting ex-wife and daughter in apt. now ex-wife trying to collect back support from his annuity or pension which he is not able to take yet this ex-wife has had him locked up twice for no money and drivers license suspended daughter now 21 but he still owes back pay how can he do that with no job afraid if he goes into family court she will have him arrested please advise I am long time friend of his good person but too easy with ex-wife
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: can anyone advise me on this situation we realize back support must be paid but to leave him broke unable to support himself
JA: Has a court order been entered regarding any unpaid child support? When was the last payment made?
Customer: he left work end of February the took it out of paycheck (dept of sanitation)
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: he has received papers for him to pay back support over 32,000.00 dollars they want it from municipal credit union he has not made any calls to see what money they are going after he owes over $20,000.00 in loans taken from dept of sanitation for giving her money before
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he hasn't done his taxes for last year and ex-wife just sent letter explain she knows he left job she had his driver license suspended wants him to pay back support and due taxes since she will get refund
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 3 months ago.
What state is this in and what specifically dm would you like to know.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
new York I want to know is she allowed to take his annuity and or pension before his retirement age who pays the taxes and penalties for early taking of money. can he go to family court and ask that the old debt be lowered?
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 3 months ago.
I will opt out in favor of an attorney more versed in New York laws.