How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and her husband are currently PA. residents

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband are currently PA. residents moving to Texas for a fresh start. Their relationship has been rocky for several years. My question is: At what point do they fall under texas laws for custory if they separate and she wants to return to PA?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Please stand by as I work on your answer!

Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 months ago.


They would be considered Texas residents and under the jurisdiction of Texas family laws if they live there for 6 months. In Texas, you must live in the state for 6 months and the same county for 3 months before you fall under the jurisdiction of the State of Texas.