How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2512
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I like to revoke my contest form that i sent to court with

Customer Question

i like to revoke my contest form that i sent to court with in my 30 days summon and can I just answer to some of my spouse list of wants and not fill out contest form
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: contest has been filed with in the 30 days summoned
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 37 years’ extensive experience in family law, trials, appeals, contracts, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute and type your answer. If I am not here for a few minutes, that means I am typing your answer. THIS IS NOT YOUR ANSWER YET so please allow me time to type it up for you. It may take a few minutes, so please understand that. Thanks!

Would you like to settle your case with your spouse now?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

Are you looking to have an uncontested case -- a divorce case -- with your spouse now? Is that what you're saying?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i still want a divorce i just disagree with some of the things she ask asking for
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

Okay thank you.

You can go for mediation instead of having this contested in front of a judge if you would like. Does that sound like an option for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i just want to respond to what she wants in her pettion or do i have to contest and what happens if you run out of money to pay lawyer i her when you contest it would be very expensive because the length of time to settle
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
does my spouse have to pay have of my taxes from the money from my ira which we split ahead of filling for divorce
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

I didn't forget you -- I just got a phone call, so I will have to opt out and let someone else answer this for you. Best of luck to you. Another expert will take this question for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how is long the service or every time i pay to answer my question 59 dollars everytime
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 months ago.

Have you already filed a Response? If not, you should file one as soon as you can. If you have and you want to change it, you can file an Amended Response.

Once you file a Response, you will get notice of hearings and some say in what happens. If you do not file any Response, your ex will likely get everything she is asking for.

With regard to the taxes, if that was a debt incurred during marriage that existed on the date of separation, than the two of you should be equally liable for the debt under community property laws. But if you don't file a Response to get reimbursed for what you paid, or to order her to pay her portion, you cannot enforce that right in the future. The date of separation is not the date you filed for divorce. It is the date you decided that you were no longer a couple. This usually happens when somebody moves out, but not always.

Do you have any other questions?