Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I need some clarification on something. I am doing an

Customer Question

I need some clarification on something. I am doing an uncontested divorce that involves one child and me voluntarily giving up a portion of my 401K. I have submitted the petition and she has signed the waiver of services and submitted that. We have agreed on and filled out a final decree, filled out the Suit Affecting the Family Relationship and I have a QDRO form from my provider.
Question is, does anything else need to be turned in before I request a court date (after the 61 days) or do I just take all this paperwork to the hearing?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Typically, there would be a settlement agreement form that says what you're agreeing with regard to each of the assets. Things like who is keeping any cars you used, who will pay any credit cards or other debts, any bank accounts, who gets the marital home, etc.

Sometimes that information winds up in the Petition and Answer. Just read through everything and make sure you're not leaving anything out.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?