Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Are you familiar with Montana family law? Yes. It has been a

Customer Question

Are you familiar with Montana family law?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes. It has been a very long court case with many attorneys. My children are now 18 and 15.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Montana
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can my children request their own attorney represent their best interest at this point. There is already a guardian ad litem but she is not an attorney. This has been going on for 6 years now.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes. This is particularly true for the 18 year old. The 18 year old would be able to retain their own attorney to represent their interests in the case. As far as the 15 year old, they would be able to retain their own attorney too. My recommendation would be that the 18 in the 15 year old both hire the same attorney so that way that attorney to represent their interest. So, the answer to your question is yes

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?