How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19641
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Oh my let's see where to start. I am a 53 year old woman in

Customer Question

Oh my let's see where to start. I am a 53 year old woman in georgia. My 31 year old son moved in august of last year. His wife filed a TPO in oct of last year to thwart his attempts at reconciliation, that he thought would be the result of the ""time to think"" period she needed to take. In march of this year (2017) my son was diagnosed with IV metastatic colorectal cancer. We applied for SSA and he has qualified for that as well as SSI payments. He has no home and desperatley would like a place of his own. He has a four year old daughter, served 6 years in the navy during war time, and left her home with a duffle bag no car and nothing from the marriage. He is destitute in every sense of the word. His wife has moved the man into the marital home that she "needed time to think" over and this was against his expressed request their daughter not be exposed to a strange man yet. We (his parents) earn $330 per week and have a home that the air quality due to a leaky roof is detrimental to his health because of mold. His lungs are part of his mets. We can't afford the repairs or the attorney representation he needs to address any of the issues that have blasted him in the last 10 months. I honestly don't know where to go the SSA SSI administration or where to start we are circling the bowl and I can't see the end of the tunnel
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The disability SSA was filed and compassionate allowance was granted he should receive his first pymt in august
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh I can't I just realized I'm expected to pay I have 6.31 in the bank thank you for your time.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about your son's difficulties.

If you have not contacted VA already, you need to do so. Click here for the contact information. I have also pasted the information here for your convenience:

  • Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless cancall or visit their local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
  • Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-***-***-****) to access VA services.
  • Explore to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.