Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I want to change of venue for my divoce case which includes

Customer Question

I want to change of venue for my divoce case which includes a minor child
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the location was granted in 2014 as it was a dv case and the father was in jail
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the last request to change of venue was denied as he was still on probation and had to stay within the county
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he is now off probation and I want the case transferred where my son and i reside s now the child is in school and i work and got o school full time...making it extremely difficult
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 3 months ago.

Have you moved States or just counties within the same State? How long has it been since you and your child have moved there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
counties in the same state. We have been here since 2014 as the judge granted a relocation since my ex husband was violence and arrested for battery
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 3 months ago.

Alright, well the venue will often track where the child is living. Was any reason given for the denial of the last request for venue change?