Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My 16 yr old has reactive attachment and has been extremely

Customer Question

My 16 yr old has reactive attachment and has been extremely destructive to our home and family life. He is verbally abusive and frequently finds ways to justify hurting his 10 yr old brother. He has grown to become the largest person in the house and often intimidates his mother when I am not present. When we contacted the local authorities we were told that he could not be charged with MDOP of the destruction within the residence since he lives here. What recourse is left to me to deal with his destructive, defiant, abusive actions.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my son is adopted through foster care and has been with us since he was 2 1/2 and in therapy since the age of 5
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You would need to file Emergency Motion with the Court and ask the Court to place him in a juvenile facility before he hurts someone in your facility. You can obtain blank Motion forms at your local Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,