Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How can I get a rough estimate of spousal support I will be…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get a rough estimate of spousal support I will be responsible for in a pending divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Initial request for dissolution of marriage and response

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do you need salary information first?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 10 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Alimony is very subjective. However, CA's alimony rules are specific enough to have an ESTIMATE using a special formula. See HERE for the calculator - fill in the blanks and you can get an estimate of the alimony.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law