Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a child support question. I filed for child support…

Customer Question
Hello , I have a...
Hello , I have a child support question . I filed for child support back in 2015 , now the court is set up for august 16. My question is can I cancel my child support process , and can biological father gave up all his rights for a child and not pay child support if I ask him to?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 7 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but generally, a custodial parent cannot legally give up child support in exchange for the parent who owes child support giving up parental rights, since child support is intended for the benefit of the minor child(ren), the courts would not allow such agreement involving giving up child support in exchange for the other parent giving up parental rights.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law