Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

I am needing to under the rights of a minor parent. The

Customer Question

I am needing to under the rights of a minor parent. The grandmother has taken grandson and will not give back to minor daughter. Why won't the police give the child back to mother? And what are the minor mothers rights. The grandmother her mother beat her up and kicked her out and won't give the son back to mother, police will not either because she is under 18
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Greenwood Indiana She has called asking for help and I have pictures of her face. We also have another case establishing paternatity in Oregon. The mother is a minor so it's hard to do things. She ran off to Indiana with her mother and now there is problems there and she is reaching out to us the father and other grandmother
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure I believe the grandmother called the police and won't give son back to mother. The mother should be beaten up like she was by mother and I would think both would be an unsafe environment for child
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am the other grandmother and the daughter reached it to sons father my son asking for help she is in another state and is absolutely helpless and has no one she just wants her done back I don't know how to best advise to help
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what are my sons rights even though paternity as not been established but a case is open in Oregon what are his rights to child or emergency injunction??
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 days ago.

Can you tell me, are you the minor? If so, have you been emancipated?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No not minor I am the other grandmother mother to father the mother of my grandson is a minor and has not been emancipated. She will be 18 in January
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I can't afford the phone fee for talking
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 days ago.

Thank you

The system automatically sends an offer for $59 additional for a call. I can offer a call for $5 additional if you are interested. Otherwise I can type up some thoughts.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Texting is fine for now
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The grandmother got in an altercation with daughter and you can see the results in photo the grandmother took the baby and won't let him out of her site and will not allow daughter anywhere near them and kicked her out she called police and police will not give baby back to mother because she is under 18 but the situation is unsafe I feel with baby to be with either the daughter has reached out to my son asking for help
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 days ago.

What you are describing? IF the child in unemancipated? (they have not been emancipated), then they are a minor and from a legal standpoint have no legal rights to the child. They are not able to go to court to recover custody.

Once the minor turns 18? Then as an adult they can asset their parental rights.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Why does the grandmother have rights
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 days ago.

Is the grandmother the guardian of the minor child who is the parent?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
but she beat the daughter up did you get photo that's domestic violence The daughter always have the child the grandmother just is very possessive over grandson and takes him from the mom and tells her the way it's going be. It's not a good situation for baby to in the environment and the grandmother
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 days ago.

If the grandmother is the guardian of the minor parent? Then the grandmother is the guardian of the baby as well.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How can we help with the situation it's unsafe environment with grandmother she is crazy for real
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 days ago.

If I were you, I would apply to the court for visitation rights. As a grandparent, you can apply for visitation rights if you can show that visitation with you would be good for the child.
If you are granted visitation? Then you have "standing"...meaning, you have rights to the child...and could then go back to court to get more time with child, perhaps even full guardianship.

You would need to have an attorney help you prepare and present this to the court.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I thought this was different kinda of legal help I nalready new what you were telling me I couldn't not afford this as is I want a refund please and thank you
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 6 days ago.
I am an another attorney. I will respond shortly