How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NYCLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 56560
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NYCLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife got a judgement for 150,000 while I was away in

Customer Question

My wife got a judgement for 150,000 while I was away in australia,her attorney ALWAYS sends papers to an old address. I never know and don't show up
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: No...
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: It's a crazy 35 year case...I'm afraid we need to chat
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 13 days ago.

You can demand they vacate it. If they do not, you can file a motion to vacate due to lack of notice. Courts regularly will vacate for this reason and may punish the lawyers if knowingly did so.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This guy obviously has a connection with a certain judge and pays him off I can almost prove it...
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 12 days ago.
I would file the motion to vacate. If judge biased can report to administrative judge and have it reconsidered.
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 12 days ago.
Good luck
Kindly rate me five stars.