Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I just had a thought and am trying to find out if it's

Customer Question

I just had a thought and am trying to find out if it's possible. I will keep this short, but ask me anything you need to know. I raised my daughter alone. Her father was in prison from the time she was 2 until she was 28.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I worked hard and struggled. I'm disabled now and am barely getting by. I live alone. My daughter's father learned a trade in prison and has a fairly high paying job. Is it possible for me to get reimbursed, if that's the correct word, by him now?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm in Illinois.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is in Illinois too. There hasn't been anything filled.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. That must have been a financial burden. Can you please tell me if paternity was ever established?