Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Well I was divorced in FL and misplaced my divorce papers

Customer Question

Well I was divorced in FL and misplaced my divorce papers and I am not sure what part of Florida she filed in and I need copy's so I can remarry what can I do
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Ny my divorce was in Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed as in
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  jb156200 replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Florida attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your issue. Once we are able to locate the County in Florida where the divorce was finalized, we will be able to obtain copies of your divorce decree. Is there anything you can remember about where your wife lived in Florida? Street name, city? North, South, East, West? Anything will help narrow the search. If you are completely blank, we will need to just go county by county to locate the correct County.