How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I was divorced in FL and misplaced my divorce papers

Customer Question

Well I was divorced in FL and misplaced my divorce papers and I am not sure what part of Florida she filed in and I need copy's so I can remarry what can I do
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Ny my divorce was in Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed as in
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  jb156200 replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Florida attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your issue. Once we are able to locate the County in Florida where the divorce was finalized, we will be able to obtain copies of your divorce decree. Is there anything you can remember about where your wife lived in Florida? Street name, city? North, South, East, West? Anything will help narrow the search. If you are completely blank, we will need to just go county by county to locate the correct County.

Related Family Law Questions