Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son in law has custody of my daughters children. he lied

Customer Question

my son in law has custody of my daughters children. he lied to the judge and the judge took his side. now that she had the children for 8 weeks she is trying to prove him an unfit father. she said she would rather go to jail than give them back to him. i really am at a loss.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the husband is from ill and my daughter lives in Pa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: when she took them to the Dr. the doctor called child welfare and the state of ill went to his house where he lives in ill and no one answered the door. the Dr. also called children welfare in Pa and no one has come to here house to visit. problem is her husband is coming this Saturday to pick the children up and she will not let him have them. he said he will bring the cops.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. i dont need her going to jail.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 3 months ago.
From what state is the court order?