Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My mother passed away in May and my sister is the executor

Customer Question
of the will and it...
My mother passed away in May and my sister is the executor of the will and it states that who ever wants the house and property they have to buy out the other 2 sibling ( me and my brother).. Now until this happens do I have the right to go to my mother house? She is saying I do not have that right?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Ct
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: There is nothing stating that I can not be there. or any restraining order
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How long doe's she have to pay me and my brother when she buys the house to pay us?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Ok thanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

In this situation, the house needs to be maintained until sold in good condition. None of you including her have a right to reside in it. While that may be common practice, legally, it should be kept empty and prepared for sale.

Infolawyer, Lawyer