How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband filed for divorce after he had stated he would

Customer Question

My husband filed for divorce after he had stated he would not. We live in Florida (past 4 years). He wanted me to move here from Alabama for his job. Now, he does not want to help me financially and I have 2 children. I would like to request a change of venue to AL as I still own my house there (and he has a house as well--we are not on each other's homes), financially, I can make more in my profession to take care of my children, and the school system I have chosen is top of the line.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We were not married when we moved to FL (common law in AL which FL does recognize if the former state did)...I quit my job and took care of the children. We have only been remarried since 2013. We both have homes still in Alabama, I have family that can assist me with my children, my income would be substantially better, and the school is excellent.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have a lawyer, she is not listening to me AT ALL. I have a doctoral degree; I have exhausted all efforts with her. We agreed that I would work part time so that I could be home with the children He caused me to lose my highest paying job
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Then his lawyer has subpo...d my other employers THREE times to the point where one has threatened to let me go.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is stating that he is making substantially less than he attorney is not listening to me, not proactive, and I want to take my children back to AL where (the first time he divorced me when they were 3 months and 15 months, I had primary custody) I will be able to support myself, I have a home there, and my children will be in a great school system. He is hiding money
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,