RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

What type of evidence do I present or what witnesses do I

Customer Question

What type of evidence do I present or what witnesses do I call for a custody trial where I am representing myself?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 12 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You want witnesses to testify here about your parenting ability and why giving you legal custody is the best choice and in the child's best interests.They can testify about your plan for child care or pick from school and after care, make a plan and your residence being appropriate for the child.

It shows you have thought about it , made plans if the child is placed with you and how that would work.If you do that and have some folks to testify about your parenting ability, neighbors, relatives, church members it would be a good thing.At the end of the day the person with the most evidence usually wins in court.

Also get straight in your mind what compormise you would be able to live with these often settle last minute and mid hearing so at least give it some thought.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.