Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have been in a custody battle with my ex-wife since 2014.

Customer Question
Hello, I have been in a...
She has a free attorney: either pro bono or assigned to her by DCF; how do I find out who is paying for her attorney? Because, she is able to pay for her attorney, and if she is paying, then she would be negotiable, but, because, she pays nothing, and the attorney is being paid by someone else, they don’t want a settlement, since time and money are not an issue for both of them. her attorney had her certified in court as “INDIGENT”, but, since she has a good paying job and other sources of income, she does not qualify as “INDIGENT”. However, her attorney managed fraudulently to certify her though his connections with the clerks of the court to certify her as indigent. This is why I need to know who is paying for her attorney so I can report that as fraud or WHAT IS IT?
question: Where can I report this as fraud / or what is it?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/13/2017
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Do you know if her attorney is associated with some agency?
No, I was hoping you can tell me how to find out.
Well, the first thing I'd do is look up the attorney at calbar.ca.gov to see if the attorney is associated with an agency. If so, you can find out who funds that agency. The only other alternative I can see is to do a deposition in which you ask these questions.
Does web site cal at.ca.gov include all attorneys in US or just CA?
I mean does Calbar.ca.gov include FL attorneys?
No, I'm sorry, I thought you said this was in California. My mistake. You would need to check with the Florida Bar Association.
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney